Looking to kick start your career?
Want to learn new skills and get a nationally recognised certificate of attainment? We have consistent demand for trainees, in entry level positions with opportunities to develop and progress within the organisation.
Bryson are always looking for exceptional candidates in:
Bryson is a progressive employer offering mentoring schemes and leadership development. We have a strong focus on both personal and professional development for our staff and offer continuous learning opportunities with regular meetings, programs and access to relevant training.
Our commitment to equal opportunities and creating a supportive flexible working environment has earned us the reputation of a preferred employer.
Please send us your CV:
Sales Ledger Controller
Bryson is a fast paced and growing business and we are looking for an experience Sales Ledger Controller to join the Bryson Finance Team.
This role involves being fully responsible for managing the Sales Ledger function and the debtors on the Balance Sheet.
You will report to the Finance Manager.
- Ensure customer ledger is up to date and reconciled.
- Ensure all customers invoice queries are resolved and credit raised.
- Open new customer accounts after satisfactory credit check.
- Reconcile Gatwick trade counter cash – weekly.
- Maintain and reconcile collection control A/c – weekly.
- Raise customer statement - monthly.
- Manage Sales Ledger email inbox.
- Generate sales invoices and credit weekly.
- Post/email invoices to customers.
- Chasing outstanding debtors via telephone and email.
- Liaising with Sales Team regarding customer accounts status or orders.
- Produce debtors report on monthly basis.
- Reconcile debtor report with Balance Sheet.
- Close sales ledger for month end – (Day 2).
- Additional duties assign by FM
Skills, Experience and Qualification
- Proficient in Microsoft excel and word intermediate and above.
- Good understanding of accounting double entry concept.
- Excellent reconciliation skills.
- Experience with the following accounting software - SAP B1, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage 50, Sage 100 or above.
- Ability to meet month end deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Very good attitude.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally.
- Must have a proven track record of working in a high-pressured Finance Team. Applicants should therefore have at least 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Educated to AAT level 3, A-level accounting or equivalent or Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Monthly company profit share bonus scheme after one year of service.
- 22 days paid annual holidays excluding bank holidays.
- Standard hours – 8:30 to 5:00pm with an hour lunch.
- Performance incentives, Pension scheme.